A good tendonitis remedy focuses upon understanding how tendonitis develops and how to support the bodys natural ability to repair itself.
I have had quite a few experiences with people suffering from tendonitis, which is inflammation of a tendon. This painful condition is sometimes referred to as tennis elbow but most of the people I helped have never played tennis before. They were just ordinary folk who were house painters, auto mechanics, mothers of young children, teenage athletes, active seniors, delivery service personnel, and people going about their daily life.
To understand my natural tendonitis remedy, you need a little background information into the causes of tendonitis and what purpose tendons serve.
I have often been asked to explain, Miss Mary, what exactly is a tendon?
A tendon is not a ligament, or a muscle. It is a specially made tough band of fibrous connective tissue that connects your muscles to your bones. (The purpose of ligaments is to join one particular bone to another.) Without tendons, it would be impossible for your muscles to move your bones. In ancient times, the sinew (tendons) of animals was used for elastic because tendons stretch.
There are several different locations of tendons in the body: elbow, biceps, wrist, leg, knee, rotator cuff attachment and shoulder, hip, ankle and Achilles tendon. Different people develop tendonitis in one of these regions.
Additionally, along with tendonitis, some people develop bursitis, which is an inflammation of the bursa (small fluid filled sacks between the tendons and the bones which act as cushions during muscular movement).
There are three main components that make up tendon tissue: water, Collagen (Type 1), and special cells called tenocytes.
Tenocytes are very active fibroblast cells (cells designated to create structural fibers and the foundation substance of connective tissues.) Fibroblasts are easily recognized under a microscope because of their rough appearance and are the preferred choice of researchers in biological research because they can quickly and easily proliferate.
Tenocytes are the little factories that produce all of the fibers, collagen, lubricants, and fluids that comprise each perspective tendon location. When the tendon itself sustains damage, tenocytes are hyper-produced to try and make up for the losses. This leads to inflammation and swelling which leads to more loss of tenocytes.
Most people who develop tendonitis go on to develop more tendonitis. Current practices of repair surgery, grafting, and injection of stem cells to replace dead tenocytes, do not address the underlying defect/deficiency of collagen synthesis and inflammation pathways. The poor people wind up right back where they started. Most people know that their liver cannot take repeated dosages of Tylenol, or that their digestive tract cannot tolerate Alieve or other aspirin based substances for very long. So the problem of tendonitis is very real for its sufferers.
I am also frequently asked the question, Miss Mary, how did I develop tendonitis?
Here are the chief culprits with tendonitis:
You may notice that I dont list normal wear and tear, or normal aging on my list of causes. Thats because I believe that its a poor excuse for not supplying people with the necessary details to prevent the development of tendonitis and bursitis. What has been coined normal aging is really accelerated cell/tissue death due to the loss of critical nutrients brought on by pollution, stress, poor nutrition, and the excess overworking of vital organs from over consumption. (I literally know dozens of fit, healthy senior citizens who live in assisted living apartments that are free from the normal aging diseases while their fellow residents languish in pain and suffering.) Our planet has been brainwashed into believing that we should fall apart as we age and suffer painful deaths due to incurable diseases. Do I really have to tell you who is behind this brainwashing and campaign of fear? Dont get me started
- Not properly stretching and warming up before physical activity, or work.
- Not properly supporting your wrist at the keyboard and overworking it on a daily basis.
- Low Vitamin C intake, which leads to low collagen production (one of the main ingredients in healthy tendons).
- Low water intake, or intake of drugs that produce a constant, low level state of dehydration. This functional state of dehydration robs the tendon matrix of one of its chief components, simple water.
- Drugs that disrupt collagen synthesis by depleting Vitamin C from the body, or disrupting the normal manufacture of collagen as part of its metabolism. It is not possible to ingest pharmaceutical chemical drugs without disrupting other critical body functions. When we defy nature for the sake of profit
. nature will get even with us. There is not a single chemical drug out there that does not have an effective natural counterpart, which existed before the dawn of time. The difference is this: you cannot patent a natural substance
. it belongs to the planet. No patent
no financial incentive
. shame on us for believing their lies
Now I wrote this article for two categories of people: those actively suffering from tendonitis, and those who never want to experience it. (I never have, and never want to experience bursitis, or tendonitis.)
If you are currently battling tendonitis, try these tendonitis remedies:
- At the first sign of tendonitis, avoid heat. Use cold therapy only. Use the following aeromatherapy oils diluted in water for cold compresses:
to gently drive down inflammation. Cessation of symptoms does not mean you are home free. The damage is still marching on and this is by no means a true solution. But still, pain management is important.
- After the cold compress, rub on Boswellin Cream , which is a favorite sports injury cream containing the ancient pain herb, Boswellin. Some professional athletes ingest Bosewellin extract capsules for pain management of soft tissue injury, but I would rather work on the underlying deficiency problem instead of just alleviating the symptoms.
- Drink plenty of sugar free fluids. Sugar hastens the loss of glucosamine, a critical lubricant. Notice the prefix, glucos in this word. High carbohydrate and sugar consumption leads to a disruption of the manufacture of this critical substance in joints and tendons. Arthritis suffers love sweets too.
- Restore glucosamine levels with all natural Glucosamine Sulfate. Any product that has an H, or HCL in the front of this word is synthetic and only has a 50% chance of being utilized by the body. Enzymatic Therapy
has the best brand, I think, but Swanson has an all-natural source too. Chondrotin A is added to the Enzymatic Therapy
brand for repair of the soft tissue.
- For collagen production/restoration, avoid gelatin capsules because I have never been sure that you cannot pick up the protein prions responsible for Mad Cow Disease. The jury is still out on this. Instead boost natural collagen production by taking at least 3000 mg. daily of Ester-C Vitamin C . And dont forget that healthy collagen production promotes beautiful, elastic, wrinkle free skin. Healthy seniors who have been ingesting good levels of Vitamin C for years still have beautiful, healthy skin on their bodies.
- Drive down pain caused by inflammation by taking Wobenzym Enzymes according to package instructions.
- Get on a comprehensive multivitamin like Natrol My Favorite Multiple Without Iron to correct calcium, magnesium, Vitamin E, thiamine, chromium, boron, zinc, and other deficiencies noted in tendonitis cases. The abnormal deposit of calcium on tendons is thought to be caused by other mineral deficiencies, which act in concert with calcium during calcium metabolism. Surgery to remove the calcium deposits does not deal with the underlying problem, and therefore it reoccurs.
If You Never Want to Experience Tendonitis:
- First accept the belief that you dont have to develop tendonitis, or bursitis, no matter what your age. Develop amnesia about the saying, normal aging, wear and tear, Well, I am fifty, so I guess this is normal. What poop!
- Warm up and stretch before all exercise and work that involves any kind of movement or suffer the consequences. Take your time when deciding to lift something, especially over your head, which can tax your elbows, wrists and shoulders.
- Take the Natrol My Favorite Multiple Without Iron to stay off a myriad of deficiencies, and Ester-C described above to keep collagen production at normal levels. Healthy collagen production translates into healthy, stretchy tendons.
- Avoid sugar to avoid glucosamine disruption and depletion of Vitamin C.
- Eat as much raw, enzyme rich foods as possible.
- If possible, take a daily hot bath to stimulate blood and tissue detoxification.
- Walk some everyday to stimulate bone and soft tissue cell regeneration.
- Drink as much pure water as possible to keep tendons bathed in water and elastic. Healthy, elastic tendons tend to stretch well.
Please subscribe to my Free Newsletter. In each issue I share important Natural Health Remedies and information. It is absolutely Free, and I will never share your email address with anyone.
© and Remedies-for-Natural-Health.com All
Click Here for Disclaimer Information